Blog navigation

Active filters

The Difference Between Safety & CLP Labels

Safety Labels

Labelling your products is a must, even more so so if you are intending to sell on your creations!

Under the General Product Safety Regulations 2005, it is required that all producers and distributors of any potentially dangerous product must be fully labelled with information and warnings relating to that product.

Our safety labels contain all the relevant information and warnings your customers need to know about safely using your candles, wax melts or reed diffusers which are available in a plain white design and are for sale in packs of 10, 100 & rolls of 1000.

Label size: 50 mm x 50 mm

CLP Labels 

The CLP Regulation is a European Union regulation from 2008, which aligns the European Union system of classification, labelling and packaging of chemical substances and mixtures to the Globally Harmonised System.

In order to sell your candles and craft products to the public, you must ensure that all of your products are CLP compliant.

Your CLP label should be firmly affixed to one or more surfaces of your product’s packaging that immediately contains your substance or mixture. It is essential that your CLP is readable and legible horizontally when the package is set down normally.

Read our guide on CLP labels here!